February 6, 2009

Ale House

Kevin and I wanted to check out this new neighborhood brewhouse nearby. I heard it was a Belgian favored bar.. but it ended up being kinda like "Bar Basic" downtown without the downtown.

Blind Lady Ale house has been a big exciting opening to us beer snobs at work for sometime, and something we had to try.. and since it was literally down the street from our apartment, we figured why the hell not.

First off, parking is kind of difficult to find, and we went on a Tuesday night. Its surrounded by a bit of residential parking, so finding parking on Adams was the tough part, we ended up parking across the street and walking over.



Coming inside, instead of going to a bar to order your drinks, you walk up to a counter, order your food and or beer, they give you a number and you sit. This threw me off a tad, since I thought it was a bar, not a restaurant/fast food type of gig. The place in itself is real industrial, very open, big windows for natural light. The beer selection is impressive, Belgian biased, which makes me happy. Delirium Tremens on tap! woo hoo. But Delirium is quickly becoming the next Blue Moon.. =(, but its nice to see it as well as Green Flash, Saisons, Trumer Pils and tons of other beers available.




We didn't partake in the pizza, but I hear its fantastic.. maybe something to look forward to next time.

My honest opinion, it threw me off because I thought it was a place to be social, like a bar atmosphere, but instead when getting a number and sitting down, it was almost like getting coffee and pastries with a friend and chilling for a convo. Instead replace the coffee with beer and pastries with pizza and you got a chill late night spot to hang.

I'll be back for the pizza and beer with some friends.. maybe if they had a DJ I would frequent it more.. ahem ahem. LOL.