August 17, 2009

Kippers Last SD Gig

We headed out to AC Lounge tonight to visit Kipper and watch his last San Diego Gig before he moves back to North Carolina.. Kipper is one of the most popular and well known DJs in the North Park & College Area..

A few years back Rob invited us to Blue Foot to watch him spin, they're old friends from college so he wanted us to check him out, when I got there I wasn't expecting to hear anything great, but I was just blown away, Kipper has a fantastic taste in music and he can blend genres like no one i've heard done so smoothly. Easily moving from Alternative Dance Rock, Hip Hop, Electro, 80s etc.. he was just that good.

Since Brett and Rob are friends with him, I've gotten to know him these past few years, and he is one cool dude, fucking hilarious, pop culture savy (he hosts Trivia Night at the Whistle Stop) we've geeked out often on Movies and Music, and he always wins by landslides.. he is a genuine good guy and its a shame he has to move back to North Carolina..

So needless to say, whenever anyone would text or call saying Kipper is spinnin at so and so.. we usually were there. So I had to pay my respects and visit our buddy.

I brought my Cam along, to snap some shots, this chick just stops me and asks me to take her photo.. it was dark so I did.. hahah.. heres her mug. What am I.. some event photog? psssh..


Kipper showing you how Buff DJs spin..


Kipper & Edgartronic


Saying his Farewells before he ends his set..



AC Lounge's Shot of the Month "Or like last 2 months" The eye opener


Kipper was in my opinion one of the best in North Park, a true DJ, and a great friend, I hope someday I'll be able to rock a set with him.. here's to Kipper.. Cheers!