November 2, 2010

Inspired...

Got to meet one of our other Designers today, she originally showed me the photoshop she was working on...

From here it looked like a 3D Model, and I was already super impressed by the level of detail in the model.. just as I asked her if it was created in Cinema4D, she corrected me and said it was not done in 3D, but shot as a photo.. she pointed out this piece in the back of her office...




Yes... she created it ALL from paper, the entire thing wasn't glued down because she wanted to have more control of it, even though the slightest breath could ruin the entire thing. I was already impressed by the level of detail when I "thought" it was 3D.. just imagine how overwhelmingly AWESOME it was to see this amount of detail.. fan-tas-tic!

I haven't met many designers that take this kind of time to create something like this, and after speaking with her I can see that she has a very creative mind.. she sees things in such an open and free view and it pays off in her work. Julie (another designer here) brought in some of her AfterEffects Projects to check out her compositions, and even those i was super impressed.




This inspires me to think more outside of the box, now if I can only have a good idea... LOL