January 26, 2011

LA > Kina > Conan > Men vs Food

Ryan was able to get a few tickets to Conan O'Brian so we made a mini LA Trip out of it.

On the way up to the Warner Brothers lot we hit up Melrose to check out a few shopping spots.. Ryan wanted to make a stop at TokiDoki LA, but as soon as we parked, I noticed this girl who looked remarkably like Kina Grannis.. turns out.. it WAS Kina Grannis! She remembered us, and wanted to know what we were doing in LA.. we chatted for a sec and off we went.



TokiDoki LA... Not much in here i was interested in.. so i visited their neighbors..


Johnny Cupcakes. Sorry, I can't get myself to pay $35 for a shop tee LOL.. but the store looks amazing. The Ovens periodically open and steam comes out.. pretty nifty. Of course they had an LA Exclusive Purple/Yellow JC Tee.. and it was like $45 x_X


My stop was at Turntable Lab.. we were short on time.. or else I woulda checked out more Vinyl LOL and I finally saw my first Rane TTM-68.

Nothing really I wanted or needed so I left empty handed :(


Got to the Conan Show check-in right on time.. if you've never seen a live taping, what happens at the WB lot is you get a reservation.. and you park at a specific parking lot.. you get a pass like this...


Wait in a line like this....


Check into a security gate like this.. (by the way this is the 2nd of 3 security stops.. unfortunately I couldn't turn on my phone after this point. Its forbidden..

Wish I had pics to share from the show.. but I don't.. our guests were Larry King, Shaun White and Iron&Wine.


After the show we hit up Little Tokyo for some grub.. (i LOVE little tokyo.)


We decided to brave it out and try Orochan Ramen.. of Man vs Food Fame..


I had the Miso Impact Orochan Ramen #3.. Ryan had #3 as well, Luis had #4 and Mikey had #2 Extreme.


Look at the middle pic... whattup Adam Richman!


Mikey knew a spot in chinatown that sold Steambuns that were hella good and cheap.. Look at that steamer!!! hell yea!


You seriously can't beat a Chinatown B-Rated Restaurant with 65 cent buns!