June 24, 2011

Dj QUIK LIVE at FOX 5! (BLOG)

I'm always excited when artists come by the studio and hang, I'm even more excited when artists that just bring me back come through.



Tonite - DJ Quik - Live at the FOX 5 Studios Backlot


(NOTE: Footage is RAW straight from the camera, untreated and unedited. I tried my best to keep it still, but there was so much going on  and DSLR's aren't known for their stabilization and until I get a steady pod for it.. most videos will look like this.. but this is the entire performance, if you watched it live on air you only got 1:40 mins.. Behind the Scenes at its craziest here at FOX5 son.) 

DJ Quik came through the studio and chilled with us the entire morning! If youre a child of the 90's Hip Hop and R&B days and from the west coast like me.. YOU KNOW, who this man is.. Not only from his songs, but collabs with Tupac, Dre, Snoop and all the other big names in the 90s and Early 2000s.. And if you dig in your Brain Vinyl crate you'd remember that he was part and producer of a group 2nd II None..

When I introduced myself to Quik, I told him "2nd II None was my shit back in the day" He pointed out that KK was also in the house with us. Well damn son. Now I HAD to get a pic with 2nd II None.


That's KK one of the 2 artists from 2nd II None.. bringing me back to songs like "If you Want it.. " and "Hand in Hand"



"First you get the Power, Then you get Money, Then you get the Pussy.. Fool don't be no dummy!"

Our backlot was NUTTY I tell you... CAH-RAY-ZEEEEE...

We had hot cars.. The Lambo, Rolls Royce Phantom and the Bentley..

Leslie the Producer who put this all together



We had hot chicks Modeling with the Hot cars...



And you had DJ Quik rapping with the hot cars AND the hot girls..

My Boss with 2nd II None

Chris he produces the Throttle Thursday segments and got the cars and girls in today

Raoul and Quik swapped glasses. ROFL

My Boy Justin got an advanced & autographed VINYL of the new album..
KK is gonna send me one in the mail. WOOT.

Shit son, we even had HORSES in our backlot!!!

Nobody does it like FOX5.. you can try.. but you won't match our creatvity and willingness to have this kind of old school, new school, sexy school type of fun HAHA.. Our fridays are reDONKulous.

Thanks to DJ Quik and the entire FOX5 crew.. another memorable Friday in the books... 



Have a great weekend...

 P.S Don't forget to get the album when it comes out.. KK told me they were still Mixing it and haven't yet got to mastering it.. but it will be out soon.. "DJ Quik - Book of David"