June 13, 2011

Hard to Be this ILL - Le Vice.


This past trip to the Bay Area I wanted aimed to explore some new foods as well as new music, I seriously didn't think I would leave there completely LOVING the food, and the people and especially... the Music.

On the first day of the trip stopped by my friend Mae's apartment and met a group of people chillin on the couch watching America's Got Talent.. little did I know who I just met..

The following night before we all went out to dinner, Mae was showing me some music videos of her roommate Sean's band, I thought it was going to be a rock band, then she told me it was a Jazzy band.. when I watched the videos I was pleasantly surprised that it was this Hip Hop Electro Indie band. And wondered why she didn't introduce me to them sooner! LOL

Instantly I felt this Flobots, Roots, Gym Class (old gym class NOT that bullshit now), and Fugees Feel to it.. and that hit me hard.. I love when bands get funky over some hip hop drums and a smooth sexy R&B vocal. Alex the lead singer has the singing chops of Lauryen Hill and Erykah Badu with the swag of MIA.. fack thats hot.



This was the first song Mae showed me.. and I was hella feelin' it. It gets you bouncing, it gets you hyped.. everything a good dance groove should do along side of some dope lines. It is definitely very hard to be that Ill.

The other song she showed me was "Find You". This song is deep, her voice carries through with the music chillin behind it, so you can hear and feel the lyrics. Even the Trick Daddy hook at the end gets a little bit of her steez.. this song is amazing. It reminds me Common's "Retrospect for Life", Kanye's "Heartless" or The Roots "You Got Me"



I am definitely a FAN. and a HUGE one at that.. I am going to do what I can to get them down here in San Diego to showoff what they got.. so be sure to look for them when they do make it down here.

For more information on Le Vice:

Check out their MYSPACE MUSIC PAGE: Le Vice Music

Get their Self-Titled Album on iTunes: Le Vice on iTunes

Check em out on YouTube as well: LeViceTube

and of course Follow them on Twitter: LeViceMusic

I'm telling you now.. don't sleep on this group! There's too much crap on the radio these days, and we need more groups like this with more exposure, to let people know that there is still talent out there.

Support Independent Music. Peace.