March 11, 2012

30MB Issue 1: NeoSoul


This is my new mixtape series, aptly named "30 Minute Beats" "30MB" for short. I got the name from Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals (lol seriously). Its just some short 30 Minute Mixes themed, single genre, open format or just music that I wanna slam together in a mix LOL. I haven't figured out a schedule for when these will come out.. but I am going to try bi-montly for now.. if it's sooner, I can try and shorten that 2 week period.

The first Issue is NeoSoul, I was getting down to some tracks at the Gym, and Musiq's "L is Gone" hit me and I just ended up vibing off that song and building this playlist from it.

Track Listing:

Back in the Day - Erykah Badu
Tell Me - Groove Theory
He Will Break Your Heart - Darien Brockington
La La - Lucy Pearl
Superstar - Floetry
Just a Man - Raphael Saadiq
For Da Love - Eric Roberson
Remember Love - Adriana Evans
Your Day is Gone - Platinum Pied Pipers
Smile - Lily Allen
L is Gone - Musiq Soulchild
Just Ain't Gonna Work Out - Mayor Hawthorne
Just Friends - Musiq Soulchild
Sumthin Sumthin - Maxwell
Sunshine at Midnight - Sunshine Anderson
Get Involved - Raphael Saddiq

Enjoy



Inspiration for this mix: -- Musiq Soulchild's "L is Gone"


Production:
-------------------------------
Ableton Live 8
Serato ScratchLive
Serato ITCH

Equipment Used:
-------------------------------
Technics 1200
Behringer DDM-4000 w/ Innofader Pro
VCI-300mk2
Novation Dicers

** Production/Equipment Notes are for reference only. I'm going to be experimenting with different controllers and setups for mixes, so I wanted to know what gear I used for each mix.