April 20, 2012

30MB ISSUE 2: POP40



Issue 2 is now available for streaming and download on SoundCloud.

This Volume features some of today's POP40 songs.. I tried to keep them as close to the original mixes of the songs with a few remixes to keep the energy up, and some breaks I produced for transitions. I tried to find the most POPular songs I've been playing in the clubs, and these are my usual TOP POP songs I've been droppin.

I'm doing a POP mix now, because the next few volumes are going to be throwbacks, and I wanted to have a current mix before doing those. Also, I've been really REALLY feeling Kaskade's song "Room For Happiness", which is another reason why I wanted to make this mix.

Track Listing:

Intro - Dj Dwin
We Found Love - Rihanna
Give Me Everything - Pitbull ft Ne-Yo
You Make Me Feel (Disco Fries Remix) - Cobra Starship
Turn On the Lights - T-Pain
Love Song (Dave Aude Remix)  - Selena Gomez
Mr Saxobeat -  Alexandra Stan
S&M (DStar & Emynd Remix)  - Rhianna
You and I (Deadmau5 Remix) - Medina
Room for Happiness - Kaskade
Glad You Came (Bassjackers Remix) - The Wanted
Take Over Control - Afrojack ft. Eva Simons



Inspiration for this mix: -- Kaskade's "Room for Happiness"

Production:
-------------------------------
Ableton Live 8
Serato ScratchLive
Serato ITCH
Reason 5
Izotope Mastering

Equipment Used:
-------------------------------
Technics 1200
Behringer DDM-4000 w/ Innofader Pro
VCI-300mk2
Novation Launchpad
Novation Dicer
M-Audio Axiom 25
M-Audio Trigger Finger

** Production/Equipment Notes are for reference only. I'm going to be experimenting with different controllers and setups for mixes, so I wanted to know what gear I used for each mix.