February 2, 2009

If you hate your mondays...

You can hate mine too.

From doing all the pre-produced graphics on Friday for San Diego Living I knew that Kat Von D was going to be on the show. I knew she was doing a book signing at Border Mission Valley today, but didnt know til Last Friday that she was stopping by..

FUCKING AWESOME. I messaged our producer for SDL and asked if she could speak with the PR Guy and see if we can score a photo with her.. and she said yes.





I felt somewhat Paparazzi-ish going down there with my D70.. I thought I'd just score a pic with my iphone, but Geoff talked me out of it and I decided what the hell.. why not..

As we went to take the first picture she noticed it was a Nikon, she immediately asked what cam it was.. i said D70, she like "Awesome! I have a D3!".. Thanks Kat, its like me saying I have a Civic.. oh really? I have a Lambo! haha.. just then she nerded out on us about how much she loves her 50mm.. i'm guessing that she doesnt have the 1.8 like most of us would have.. i'm sure shes probably rocking the 1.4, theres no sense in putting a $110 lens on a $2500 body LOL.. but i told her about the 150mm, and she seemed interested in it.. as I took Geoff's photo, she still talked about nikon and how much she loved her camera. And as soon as she was gonna leave, she asked me one more time what the lens was..

She was way cooler than you'd think most celebs with her status would be. But I'm guessing its because she spends hours tattooing people and has real conversations with real people all the time.. which makes her one of my favorite celebs i've ever met.

on a rather perv note.. as she left.. we caught a glimpse of some sexy booty. LOL. She was rocking some REALLY REALLY low rider pants.. theres the type of crack you see when its just the top part.. it was like.. 3/4 of it down.. @_@ and she wasnt rockin undies.. at least what we saw.. fanboy dream come true.

She is still a lovely person.. stop by borders today in mission valley i believe 4pm.