February 14, 2009

Visual Battle

Back in high school my brother and I used to frequent this record store AC&S in Chula Vista, along with vinyls, we bought some of the local and national mixtapes as well as Battle videos ranging from breaking to dj comps and even Emcee battles.

One of the videos we got were the Wake Up Show freestyle clips. In them were clips of the show when famous emcees showed up and it was a requirement that after their interview that they say a little something off the top of the head to the people.

One of those Emcees, MC Juice was one of my favorite off those tapes, Notorious BIG and Eyedea were some of my others.. so it wasn't until I saw this video, featuring MC Juice, that it brought me back to the days we used to take the trolley up to H st, and spend our weekend made dj money for more vinyl and tapes.



This is an independent video (a promo for rhymespitters.com). It showcases a visual representation of a lyrical battle between two emcees. I love it! haha. Even though there is not actual lines of rhyme, they show how each emcee steps to the mic and throws a punch and the opponent throws one back and at each time inflicting pain on one another. Finally emerging to the top is MC Juice. Its a beautiful piece.

And if you wonder how good he really is, I found the wake up show freestyle on youtube for MC Juice.. the first one is a freestyle, the second part is written, but still equally sick. Enjoy.



"The big willy wack the unoriginal, got he whole world like believing ya'll some criminals"

He speaks the truth! Even to todays hip hop standards.