April 15, 2011

David Choi in San Diego

I'm on a mission.. LOL

There are so many great talents on YouTube, and some have actually broken down the virtual wall and stepped out and started touring.. So I'm on a mission to see some of my favorite Subscriptions LIVE.. I've actually seen David Choi before at AJ Rafael's Charity Speaks show, but he didn't perform. So this was my time to see him live.. even with 2 Cancelled DJ gigs I thought it wasn't going to happen but in the end it did.

The show was a bit late for me (since I work at 3am) but the show was thankfully just a few walking blocks away from my apartment so how could I not go?

The line at Lestat's was impressive.


Opening act was Jane Lui - i've seen her before in some of the Kollab videos, and I dig her Jazzy Blues Swing style..


This is cool, she actually did a cover of one of David's songs.. LOL who covers a song by the act you're opening for.. I guess she does and it was pretty awesome.




Once David came on.. I was glad to see that he had a Double Bassist and a Drummer.. which is cool cause it always adds an energy to the music which make acoustic performances just slightly more interesting. I kinda wished Kina Grannis had a full band with her when she was here.. maybe next time =)



Just for fun and a tribute to his friend in Far East Movement he performed his cover of Rocketeer, even though the audience requested he do "Shed a Tear" a parody cover he did with Cheester See and Ryan Nigahaga..



During his performance he took a minute to TwitVid from stage from his iPad2 LOL I guess if you look hard enough you can see me and Dennis in the crowd LOL

@davidchoimusic: "The best audience ever is here in San Diego!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://twitvid.com/NFKLS"

We couldn't stay for the rest of his performance and for the meet and greet since Dennis had work early and I had work even earlier.. but it was a great show, they both are fantastic artists and I'm glad to come out  and support good music.